Problems building the Braintree Cocoapod

I’ve included the Braintree pod (https://cocoapods.org/pods/Braintree) in my iOS app, but I just can’t get it to build!

I’m working on an old Rubymotion project of mine, which I haven’t touched in 5 months. It was working 5 months back, but I can’t get it to work now. I’ve tried to downgrade to the motion-cocoapods and Braintree version I was using back then, but with same result.

This is the error I’m getting when running rake --trace:

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/pod-test/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/BTDropInErrorAlert.o Braintree/BraintreeUI/Drop-In/BTDropInErrorAlert.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	Libtool .build/libBraintree.a normal x86_64
(2 failures)
    ERROR! Vendor project "vendor/Pods" failed to compile. See full error by running task with --trace.
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:367:in `block in invoke_xcodebuild'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/file_utils.rb:57:in `sh'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:365:in `invoke_xcodebuild'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:357:in `xcodebuild'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:190:in `build_xcode'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:48:in `block in build'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:47:in `chdir'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:47:in `build'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/builder.rb:68:in `block in build'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/builder.rb:67:in `each'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/builder.rb:67:in `build'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/app.rb:78:in `build'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/motion-cocoapods-1.9.1/lib/motion/project/cocoapods.rb:54:in `build_with_cocoapods'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rubymotion/rubymotion-templates/motion/project/template/ios.rb:69:in `block (2 levels) in <top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:251:in `block in execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:251:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:251:in `execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:195:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.4.1/lib/ruby/2.4.0/monitor.rb:214:in `mon_synchronize'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:188:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:181:in `invoke'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rubymotion/rubymotion-templates/motion/project/template/ios.rb:179:in `block in <top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:251:in `block in execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:251:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:251:in `execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:195:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.4.1/lib/ruby/2.4.0/monitor.rb:214:in `mon_synchronize'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:188:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:217:in `block in invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:215:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:215:in `invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:194:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/task.rb:181:in `invoke'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:160:in `invoke_task'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block (2 levels) in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:125:in `run_with_threads'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:110:in `top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:83:in `block in run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:186:in `standard_exception_handling'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/lib/rake/application.rb:80:in `run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.0/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/bin/rake:23:in `load'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/bin/rake:23:in `<main>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `eval'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `<main>'

I’ve created a test project you can find here:
https://mega.nz/#!R3gCxZrJ!MEGHwhJ50-pG3GkWE2JWn-0pPnzLR6L7EpUhI6DdNsQ

I’m using the newest version of RubyMotion and Xcode.

Any guess on what’s going on?

I might have gotten it to work. I’ll keep you posted.

How are things coming along?

Unrelated, but worth taking note of. Braintree has (at least in the past), received a lot of bad press with regards to B2B relations. Specifically their credit check process and some of the arbitrary requirements that are in there.

@amirrajan I got it to work the last time I had this bug. Now I’ve updated to the new Mojave and I’ve applied your money patch to get cocoapods to work. The only thing that’s not working now, is Braintree. I’m getting the following error:

CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/PPOTSimpleKeychain.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/PayPalUtils/PPOTSimpleKeychain.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/PPOTPersistentRequestData.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/PayPalOneTouch/Models/PPOTPersistentRequestData.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/PPOTConfiguration.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/PayPalOneTouch/Configuration/PPOTConfiguration.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/BTPayPalDriver.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/BTPayPalDriver.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/BTDropInErrorAlert.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreeUI/Drop-In/BTDropInErrorAlert.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

Do you have any idea about what the bug could be about?

Already have a build in the works to fix this.

Give this a shot: https://github.com/amirrajan/rubymotion-applied/issues/106#issuecomment-427552574

I’ve already done this part of your fix:

I’m guessing that’s the thing you’re suggesting here? That makes “motion-cocoapods” work again, so the project will build if I comment out “Braintree”. From what I can see, it’s not a BridgeSupport issue. But I might be wrong?

@amirrajan I’ve managed to get rid of the bug by building with the deployment target set to “10.0”, but now I get another bug:

CreateUniversalBinary /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy\ 3/vendor/Pods/.build/libPods-RubyMotion.a normal i386\ x86_64 (in target: Pods-RubyMotion)
    cd /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy\ 3/vendor/Pods
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/libtool -static /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy\ 3/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Pods-RubyMotion.build/Objects-normal/i386/libPods-RubyMotion.a /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy\ 3/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Pods-RubyMotion.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/libPods-RubyMotion.a -o /Users/holgersindbaek/Dropbox\ (Slang)/programming/Implementation_2.0/slang_ios\ copy\ 3/vendor/Pods/.build/libPods-RubyMotion.a

** BUILD FAILED **

ERROR! Vendor project "vendor/Pods" failed to compile. See full error by running task with --trace.
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:368:in `block in invoke_xcodebuild'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/file_utils.rb:57:in `sh'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:366:in `invoke_xcodebuild'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:358:in `xcodebuild'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:191:in `build_xcode'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:49:in `block in build'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:48:in `chdir'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:48:in `build'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/builder.rb:69:in `block in build'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/builder.rb:68:in `each'
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/builder.rb:68:in `build'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/motion-cocoapods-1.8.1/lib/motion/project/cocoapods.rb:53:in `build_with_cocoapods'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rubymotion/rubymotion-templates/motion/project/template/ios.rb:70:in `block (2 levels) in <top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `block in execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:213:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.3.0/lib/ruby/2.3.0/monitor.rb:214:in `mon_synchronize'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:193:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:182:in `invoke'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rubymotion/rubymotion-templates/motion/project/template/ios.rb:183:in `block in <top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `block in execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:213:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.3.0/lib/ruby/2.3.0/monitor.rb:214:in `mon_synchronize'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:193:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:237:in `block in invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:235:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:235:in `invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:212:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:182:in `invoke'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:160:in `invoke_task'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block (2 levels) in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:125:in `run_with_threads'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:110:in `top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:83:in `block in run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:186:in `standard_exception_handling'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:80:in `run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/gems/rake-12.3.1/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/bin/rake:23:in `load'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/bin/rake:23:in `<main>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `eval'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.3.0/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `<main>'

Any guess if what that bug relates to?

@amirrajan I’ve created an example project for braintree here:

https://we.tl/t-fMnz4MjsKG

It should give you the following error:

** BUILD FAILED **

CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/PPOTSimpleKeychain.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/PayPalUtils/PPOTSimpleKeychain.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/PPOTPersistentRequestData.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/PayPalOneTouch/Models/PPOTPersistentRequestData.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/PPOTConfiguration.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/PayPalOneTouch/Configuration/PPOTConfiguration.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/BTPayPalDriver.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreePayPal/BTPayPalDriver.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/BTDropInErrorAlert.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreeUI/Drop-In/BTDropInErrorAlert.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(5 failures)
/Library/RubyMotion/lib/motion/project/vendor.rb:368:in `block in invoke_xcodebuild'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/file_utils.rb:57:in `sh'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/motion-cocoapods-1.9.1/lib/motion/project/cocoapods.rb:54:in `build_with_cocoapods'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rubymotion/rubymotion-templates/motion/project/template/ios.rb:70:in `block (2 levels) in <top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `block in execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:213:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:193:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:182:in `invoke'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rubymotion/rubymotion-templates/motion/project/template/ios.rb:183:in `block in <top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `block in execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:271:in `execute'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:213:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:193:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:237:in `block in invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:235:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:235:in `invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:212:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:182:in `invoke'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:160:in `invoke_task'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block (2 levels) in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:125:in `run_with_threads'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:110:in `top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:83:in `block in run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:186:in `standard_exception_handling'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:80:in `run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `eval'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/bin/ruby_executable_hooks:15:in `<main>'

If you set the deployment target to 10.0 (which is what I need), then it should give you the following error:

** BUILD FAILED **

CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/BTDropInErrorAlert.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreeUI/Drop-In/BTDropInErrorAlert.m normal x86_64 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
	CompileC /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/build/Pods.build/Release-iphonesimulator/Braintree.build/Objects-normal/i386/BTDropInErrorAlert.o /Users/holgersindbaek/Desktop/braintree-example/vendor/Pods/Braintree/BraintreeUI/Drop-In/BTDropInErrorAlert.m normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(2 failures)
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/file_utils.rb:57:in `sh'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:237:in `block in invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:235:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:235:in `invoke_prerequisites'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/task.rb:212:in `block in invoke_with_call_chain'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:160:in `invoke_task'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block (2 levels) in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `each'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `block in top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:125:in `run_with_threads'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:110:in `top_level'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:83:in `block in run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:186:in `standard_exception_handling'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/lib/rake/application.rb:80:in `run'
/Users/holgersindbaek/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.4.1/gems/rake-12.3.1/exe/rake:27:in `<top (required)>'

Let me know if you need anything else from me to zone in on the bug.

Just released a beta with potential fixes for Mojave. Mind giving it a shot? https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/amirrajan-public/RubyMotion+5.15.pkg